Pipeline Publishing, L.L.C. (Pipeline) today announced the winners of its prestigious 2012 Innovation Awards. Pipeline’s Innovation Awards are the most credible and objective endorsement of innovation and thought-leadership in the communications technology industry.
Of the over 70 companies that were nominated this year, a select group of less than 20 finalists were identified and presented to Pipeline’s exclusive industry judging panel for final voting. The 2012 Innovation Award judging panel is an esteemed consortium comprised of key executives from leading service providers around the world such as AT&T, BT, Cox, Intelsat, TELUS, Turkcell, and Yota, as well as influential industry analysts.
"The competition and quality of the submissions was high and I have found it very interesting to see the innovative approaches folks have chosen to take forward their solutions,“ said Jason Cook, Chief Architect & CTO, Consumer Packaged Goods and US & Canada, BT Global Services. “These selections have been hard decisions and I personally would like to pass my 'well done' to all of the submitters regardless of their final placing."
The ten 2012 Innovation Award winners were announced today, Monday, May 21, 2012 at an exclusive awards reception in Dublin, Ireland. The winners are:
- JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) won the Product Innovation category which recognizes the most innovative new communications technology product, release, or feature.
- Ontology Systems won the Technical Innovation category which recognizes those that develop and leverage emerging technologies.
- Infovista won the Innovations in Networking category which recognizes network innovations and advancements in network technologies including policy, security, traffic management, and more.
- Orga Systems won the Advanced Connectivity category which recognizes advancements in connected vehicles, enterprises, homes, and machine-to-machine technology (M2M).
- Transverse won the Cloud Innovation category which recognizes innovations in Cloud technology.
- Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ: OMX) (Helsinki: CTL1V) won the Innovations in CEM category which recognizes innovations that contribute to improving end-customer experience.
- Orga Systems also won the category for Best Deployment which recognizes the most innovative customer deployment based upon creative solutions and tangible return-on-investment (ROI).
- Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) won the category for Best Ecosystem which recognizes partnerships, ecosystems, and programs that drive and promote innovation.
- Tekelec won the Most Innovative Company category which recognizes companies that embrace innovation throughout their organization.
- Tribold won the Editor’s Choice award which provides recognition of leadership in ongoing innovation in a critical area of communication technology.
“These awards play an important role in the industry because they give us the opportunity to formally evaluate the impressive forward movement the industry has made—movement driven by the innovative companies being recognized now by Pipeline,” said Craig M. Clausen, Executive Vice President & Principal Analyst, New Paradigm Resources Group, Inc. “The importance of these companies, who are all at the cutting edge of communications technology, can’t be overstated.”
Pipeline, Pipeline Magazine, Pipeline Publishing, Dublin, Management World, Innovation Awards, innovation, excellence, communications, technology, OSS, BSS, B/OSS, telecom
About Pipeline Publishing, L.L.C.:
Pipeline Publishing, L.L.C. is the publisher of Pipeline magazine, which explores real-world issues, technologies, and trends facing service providers. Pipeline provides in-depth global coverage of the communications and entertainment technology (COMET) industry and real-time news that affects the service providers and suppliers who are enabling the future of communication and entertainment services. We invite you to visit and subscribe today: http://www.pipelinepub.com/info/subscribe.php
For more information about Pipeline, visit: www.pipelinepub.com.
Scott St. John, 734-794-4775