Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE), in partnership with Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC), today released a comprehensive study that analyzed a rich set of global air travel data spotlighting air travel trends. The report, Travel Check-Up: Air Travel Trends 2015, represents the original analysis of a variety of travel data.
The report analysis covers average global ticket price fluctuations on key routes, travel demand, and the growth of package savings. It also focuses on the impact of foreign exchange on air travel and the length of a traveler’s stay while on a trip.
“Travelers are benefiting as airlines modernize their fleets and add seats resulting in lower average ticket prices, especially for North America and Europe,” said Chuck Thackston, managing director of enterprise information management at ARC. “This additional capacity, plus other factors reported by Expedia such as length of stay and dynamic currency valuations, provides a great opportunity for travel deals this year."
Travel Check-Up: Air Travel Trends 2015 is available free at: http://bit.ly/1dZOekN
“An analysis of air industry data suggests that the second half of this year will shape up to be an optimal time to explore the world with smart planning,” said Greg Schulze, senior vice president, Expedia Global Tour & Transport. “We work tirelessly to take data and put it at the fingertips of travelers in the form of smart and actionable information that makes them confident to click, book, and go. Our ultimate goal is to help travelers feel informed and empowered to get past travel decision-making and move into travel moment-making.”
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel industry with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. In 2014, ARC settled $89.6 billion worth of carrier ticket transactions for more than 9,400 travel agencies with 13,000 points of sale. By providing world-class business services and products, ARC enables participating agencies and 200 carriers to focus on what's important—increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. For more information, please visit www.arccorp.com.
About the Expedia, Inc.:
The Expedia, Inc. is one of the world's largest travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel agency with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with localized sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 12 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia
- Travelocity®, a pioneer in online travel and a leading online travel agency in the US and Canada
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel metasearch company with sites in 51 countries
- Wotif Group, a leading operator of travel brands in the Asia-Pacific region, including Wotif.com ®, lastminute.com.au®, travel.com.au, Asia Web Direct®, LateStays.com and GoDo.com.au
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of 180 franchise locations across North America
- CarRentals.com™, the premier car rental booking company on the web
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market consumers through Expedia® Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2015 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
©2015 Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.