Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE), in partnership with Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC), today released its analysis of 2015 air travel trends and predictions for 2016. Expedia® created Preparing for Take-Off: Air Travel Outlook for 2016 based on its own comprehensive data, ARC’s more than 10 billion ticket records, as well as other credible industry sources. The report was released at the 2015 Expedia Partner Conference currently taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This is the third study from Expedia and ARC and focuses on North America and Europe as data indicated those regions are showing great value for travellers heading into 2016. The report covers in detail topics such as ticket pricing on global and intra-North American and European market levels, the benefits of buying air tickets early and an analysis of the best day to purchase an air ticket. Overall, the analysis by Expedia using data from ARC predicts that airfares are expected to continue to trend downward in 2016 as carriers continue to add capacity.
“It’s our pleasure to once again collaborate with Expedia on this important industry study,” said Chuck Thackston, ARC’s managing director of enterprise information. “Expedia, armed with ARC’s global ticketing data, provides unmatched knowledge about the state of air travel offering valuable insights for leisure and corporate travelers to use when booking flights. We look forward to continue to partner with Expedia in the future.”
Greg Schulze, senior vice president of Global Tour & Transport for Expedia, Inc. added, “We sit in a unique spot – among Expedia, Inc. sites alone we had over 7.5 billion air searches over the past year. Analyzing these massive data sets with our partners at ARC gives us smart insights that we can pass along to travelers. And travelers benefit, because even small, simple insights in the booking process – what time of year or day of week to book, for example – can yield significant savings.”
Preparing for Take-Off: Air Travel Outlook for 2016 is available free at http://bit.ly/1w6cjvz.
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel industry with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. In 2014, ARC settled $89.6 billion worth of carrier ticket transactions for more than 9,400 travel agencies with 13,000 points of sale. By providing world-class business services and products, ARC enables participating agencies and 200 carriers to focus on what's important—increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. For more information, please visit www.arccorp.com.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is one of the world’s leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 32 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist that offers Hotels.com® Rewards and Secret Prices through its mobile booking apps and localized websites in more than 65 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars, as well as airfares and vacation packages
- Orbitz Worldwide, a global travel portfolio including Orbitz, ebookers, HotelClub and CheapTickets, brands and business-to-business offerings, including Orbitz Partner Network and Orbitz for Business
- Travelocity®, a pioneer in online travel and a leading online travel brand in the US and Canada
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 52 countries worldwide
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands, including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.com.nz and travel.com.au®
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of 200 retail travel agency franchises across North America
- CarRentals.com™, the premier car rental booking company on the web
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market consumers through Expedia® Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for thousands of affiliates, including some of the world’s leading airlines, top consumer brands and high traffic websites through Expedia® Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2015 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
©2015 Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.