BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia, Inc., and its family of brands including Expedia.com®, Orbitz.com®, and Travelocity.com®, received a perfect score of 100 percent and is recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality," according to the Human Rights Campaign's annual Corporate Equality Index (CEI). The CEI is the premier national benchmark for LGBT workplace inclusion and provides and in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers.
"Core to our values is fostering an environment of diversity, equality and inclusion where all employees, and the millions of customers we serve, feel valued and respected. So it is with great honor to be listed as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality and receive our first perfect score on the Corporate Equality Index," said Dara Khosrowshahi, president and chief executive officer, Expedia, Inc.
The 2017 CEI rated 1,043 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive healthcare benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBT community. Expedia, Inc. satisfied all of the CEI's criteria to receive the 100 percent rating.
Expedia, Inc. employs more than 18,000 employees in 30 countries. The company is a proud supporter of marriage equality and non-discrimination recently signing the amicus brief in support of House Bill 2, also known as the "bathroom bill." Additionally, earlier this year the company released data around gender pay parity, women representation and outlined ongoing efforts to increase the representation of women in leadership positions within the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
For more information on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a preeminent global lodging expert operating in more than 65 countries and 35 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 225 retail travel agency franchises across North America
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2016 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/expedia-inc-receives-perfect-score-on-human-rights-campaigns-2017-corporate-equality-index-300372437.html