Expedia, Inc., the world’s largest online travel company, today officially announced a new Expedia Powered Technology partnership with G6 Hospitality, parent company of the lodging brands Motel 6 and Studio 6, that will provide the brands broad access to Expedia’s technology, marketing and data insight solutions to help drive knowledge, efficiencies and support its continued growth.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171206005113/en/
This strategic development brings Expedia Powered Technology to more than 1,400 Motel 6 and Studio 6 properties across the U.S. and Canada. The iconic brand will begin offering loyalty enrollment and pricing to its My6 Members through Expedia-owned sites, along with Expedia’s Members Only Deals, and a corporate-level Expedia Media Solutions advertising program. The two brands will also work closely on future initiatives, including exploring an enhanced Rev+ solution and white labeling Expedia technologies for G6 Hospitality properties.
“This is the first step in a larger strategic relationship between Expedia and G6 Hospitality. We’ll continue to work together by leveraging Expedia’s technology and marketing strengths to optimize our iconic brand, drive results and facilitate property needs,” said Lance Miceli, Chief Marketing Officer, G6 Hospitality. “As Expedia continues to innovate, we look forward to being among the first to work alongside them to remain at the forefront of the competitive market.”
Expedia market management will also work with G6 Hospitality, providing market insights and business intelligence to help properties drive demand on Expedia sites and ensure maximization of price and value. Comprised of more than 1,800 experts globally, the market management team offers an array of services including educating partners on available tools through Expedia Powered Technology and assisting in maximizing price and value propositions with data-driven insights specific to a property, market and region.
“G6 Hospitality has always been an innovation driver in the economy segment of the lodging industry, as well as a great travel partner to Expedia, with an impressive portfolio of properties across the U.S. and Canada,” said Melissa Maher, Senior Vice President, global partner group, Expedia. “Our focus in recent years has been to offer market-leading services and solutions customized for our partners that positively impact their bottom line, and we’re excited to work alongside G6 Hospitality to drive this further for the brand.”
About G6 Hospitality LLC
G6 Hospitality LLC owns, operates and franchises over 1,400 economy lodging locations under the iconic Motel 6 and the extended stay Studio 6 brands in the U.S. and Canada, and Hotel 6 and Estudio 6 brands in Latin America. Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, G6 Hospitality was rated one of the top ten hospitality companies according to the Hotel Management 2015 Top Hotel Companies rankings list, which evaluated over 260 hotel companies. For more information please visit G6 Hospitality LLC.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world’s largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full-service online travel brand with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 41 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of hundreds of leading airlines, travel agencies, loyalty and corporate travel companies plus several top consumer brands through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO®, VacationRentals.com® and BedandBreakfast.com® brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Orbitz® and CheapTickets®, leading U.S. travel websites, as well as ebookers®, a full-service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer First Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds creative media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 235 retail travel agency franchises across North America
- SilverRail Technologies, Inc., a global rail retail and distribution platform connecting rail carriers and suppliers to both online and offline travel distributors
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2017 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
Raiza Rehkoff, Ph.D., 972-360-5970
Director, PR & International Marketing