- As the coronavirus closes schools and workplaces, people are increasingly turning to Zoom video calls for work and fun.
- Zoom lets you change backgrounds to a handful that come with the app, or any image you upload.
- People have gotten creative, designing all sorts of Zoom backgrounds and putting them online for free or at a low cost.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Many are turning to video online calls thanks to COVID-19, the coronavirus disease.
With schools, businesses, and restaurants closed, people are increasingly moving to video calling platform Zoom for work and socializing. The company says its stock already increased more than 100% since the outbreak spread in the US.
One way to make a Zoom party or meeting a little more interesting is with a custom background. Here's how to do, and some places to find them.First, launch Zoom and select your profile in the top right.
A list will expand. Select the settings tab.
Another list of settings options will pop up. Select virtual background.
There, you'll see the virtual backgrounds that come with the app. I tested out the tropical island.
To add custom backgrounds, click the plus sign on the virtual background page.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Elon Musk lashed out at reports that he never delivered ventilators to California hospitals. Here's what's going on, and why Musk's ventilator efforts have become controversial.
- Apple's iPhone sales could drop by 36% through June as the economy suffers during the coronavirus pandemic, analyst says
- We got an exclusive look at the pitch deck AI startup Anodot used to raise $35 million from Intel and SoftBank during the coronavirus crisis