SOURCE: Moody's CorporationDESCRIPTION:
Together with Working Mother Media, Moody's is committed to ending the multicultural gender gap in corporate America.
In their latest report Moody's Global Head of CSR, Arlene Isaacs-Lowe, shares advice for employers on promoting diversity:
- Demonstrate to women of color that you see their potential and are willing to provide coaching and sponsorship.
- Don't look at bias from your experience but from theirs. I was often told "you are just being oversensitive."
- Work to ensure people are giving and getting candid and transparent feedback. Encourage environments that allow for Black women to avoid being defensive when receiving constructive criticism, to alleviate concerns that "it's going to be an HR issue."
- Try to get to know people outside of work so you see what their lives are really like, where you might have shared experience and find empathy.
- Examine your customers and clients and see how they manage bias.
Tweet me: Together with @_WMMedia_, @MoodysCorp is committed to ending the multicultural gender gap in corporate America. Read their latest report, which also profiles Global Head of CSR, Arlene Isaacs-Lowe, to learn more: https://bit.ly/2PMemnY
KEYWORDS: NYSE:MCO, Moody's Corporation