Michael Kovac/Getty Images for AcuraSummary List Placement
But it suggested its videos may still be available elsewhere after it shuts down.
"At this time we do not know if the Quibi content will be available anywhere after our last day of service," it said.
Quibi, which produced short-form videos for mobile viewing, encouraged users to follow #Quibi on Twitter for updates.
The company thanked its customers for their support and for giving Quibi "an opportunity to entertain [them]."
On Wednesday, the app announced it would be shutting down after only six months, citing struggles during the pandemic.
Despite raising $1.75 billion from investors like Walmart, PepsiCo, and Anheuser-Busch ahead of its launch in April, the service failed to attract viewers, and none of its shows have become major hits.
Jeffrey Katzenberg, Quibi's founder, had previously said content production cost the startup up to $100,000 per minute. The company planned to spend $1.1 billion on content production in its first year.
NOW WATCH: Epidemiologists debunk 13 coronavirus myths
- Quibi's founder reportedly told staffers to listen to a song from the movie 'Trolls' as he announced they would be losing their jobs
- Don't blame Quibi's failure on the pandemic. The real problem was that it completely misunderstood what people want to watch.
- Mobile-video app Quibi announces it's shutting down after only 6 months, citing the pandemic as a main factor in its demise